Video Marketing by the Numbers
08.05.20 · Barry Owens
So, of course, the video guy is going to tell you that what you need to attract more attention to your brand is video marketing. Something shiny and new in the driveway that will have all the neighbors talking. “You look like a Cadillac man. Seen this year’s model? Smell that leather. Wanna take it for a spin?”
But we don’t have to do the hard sell around here. When it comes to video, the numbers speak for themselves.
Ratings Through the Roof
Research published this year by Wyzowl and HubSpot shows that people are watching more videos online than ever, not only to be entertained but to be informed.
- People watch about 16 hours of online video per week in 2020, more than double amount of time spent watching video two years ago
- More than half of people watch at least one online video per day
- YouTube is behind only Google in the way that people search for information
The Lion’s Share
Video is a top performer on social media channels. It is viewed and shared far more (1,200 times more) than other content. Research shows that in 2020:
- Tweets with video see 10-times more engagement than tweets without
- LinkedIn users are 20-times more likely to share a video than any other post
- Video generates the most engagement on Instagram
A Sales Leader
From testimonials to explainers, the strategically produced and placed video is becoming a top tool for converting the curious into customers.
68% of people prefer to learn about a new product or service by watching a short video
84% of people say they have been convinced to buy a product by watching a brand’s video
96% have watched an explainer video to learn about a product or service
Return on Investment
Nearly everyone surveyed this year had success stories to tell about how video moved the needle.
83% of video marketers say video helped them generate leads
80% of video marketers say video directly helped increase sales
89% of video marketers say, in general, that video gives them a good return on their investment
Those are just the facts. Video has the most messaging horsepower on the market right now. And it’s more affordable than you think, especially considering all the mileage you can get out of it.
“So, you ready to drive a message home? How about we step into my office, look at the numbers.”