Position: Project Manager Job in Wichita
Supervisor: VP Brand Director
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Positions Supervised: None
Date Created: May 7, 2020
The Job: The project manager acts like an air-traffic controller, coordinating all project aspects to ensure everything is thought through and delivered beautifully, on time and on budget. The project manager proactively oversees and directs multiple projects simultaneously – from short-term, quick-turn initiatives to longer-term, integrated endeavors – and ensures they meet or exceed expectations from inception to delivery. The project manager interfaces with team members regularly by setting up and driving team meetings, project documentation, and seeing that the right information is communicated to team members or vendors. The project manager works with team members to meet their deliverables in the hours allotted and works closely with vendors and contractors.
The Right Candidate: You love learning and all-things digital. You thrive on helping others succeed, diving into the unknown to find answers and problem solve. You are conscientious, but nimble. You act thoughtfully and strategically, always looking for ways to drive progress. You are a natural leader and bring needed structure to ensure optimal performance to everything you manage. You anticipate and work around problems and seize opportunities for improvement.
- Acts as an agency advocate internally and externally.
- Keeps projects on-quality, on-time and on-budget.
- Schedules appropriately based on staffing and capacity projections.
- Scopes timelines and assists with proposals as needed.
- Breaks down complexity into actionable tasks, decisions and outcomes.
- Optimizes project processes, documentation and communication.
- Facilitates projects from estimation through launch and ongoing execution.
- Manages project-related freelancers/contractors.
- Ensures vendor quotes align with project budgets and deliverables are met.
- Maintains and monitors project, progress, budgets and schedules daily.
- Informs all parties of any changes to scope/assumptions/issues that arise.
- Anticipates issues and sets mitigation plans in place or course corrects before they occur.
- Maintains campaigns/projects in approved technology.
- Communicates with and supports brand managers by proactively identifying, mitigating, and driving project issues to closure.
- Builds and maintains project Gantt charts.
- Works closely and collaboratively with brand managers to ensure changing resource and project requirements are addressed – including identification and documentation of any changes in scope.
- Facilitates effective and efficient meetings and discussions with clearly stated objectives, ensuring they stay on track and lead to a solution, decision or next steps.
- Leads project debriefs to identify successes and failures, identify action items and drive improvements to course correct or to benefit future projects.
- Motivates staff and project teams, inspires teamwork, and takes a leadership role.
Required Experience, Skills and Traits
- 5 years of project management experience, preferably at an agency or in digital marketing-related fields or with creative teams.
- Preference given to candidate with deep experience using Workamajig or similar scheduling tool.
- Personifies the agency’s core values.
- Displays excellent communication skills with internal and external audiences at all levels.
- Has strong analytical, time management and organizational abilities.
- Works well with a diverse range of personalities.
- Demonstrates deep understanding of project workflow.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects at once.
- Focuses and works under pressure with humor, tact and professionalism.
- Knows how to prioritize work, with a great instinct for what moves the needle.
- Has amassed advanced knowledge of project management tools and methodologies.
- Has solid experience with marketing, design and digital processes.
- Is passionate about working in a strategically driven, strongly digital agency environment.
- Ability to focus for sustained periods, use computer for data entry, talk to clients on the phone, perform repetitive wrist/hand/finger movement, occasionally move objects up to 15 pounds, and see clearly at 20 inches or less.