April 24, 2012
Wichita Business Journal
Wichita American Marketing Assocaiton names 7 finalists for marketer of year award
The Wichita American Marketing Association has selected seven category winners who are now finalists for its 2012 Marketer of the Year Award.
The awards program started in 2008 as a way to recognize outstanding marketing professionals in Wichita and the surrounding areas.
The overall winner will be named during a ceremony June 21.
This news release details more about the category winners as well as information about past overall winners:
The Wichita American Marketing Association has announced category winners for the 2012 Marketer of the Year Award. The awards were developed in 2008 to recognize outstanding marketing professionals in Wichita and surrounding areas. 2012 Marketer of the Year category winners include:
• Academic/Government/Non-Profit/Healthcare - Teresa Veazey, public relations manager, Ulrich Museum of Art at Wichita State University.
• Advertising and PR Agencies/Media/Marketing Services — Deanna Harms, executive vice president, Greteman Group.
• Hotels/Restaurants/Tourism — Lori Mulch-Hart, assistant manager, Kansas State Fair.
• Architecture/Real Estate/Construction — Phil Davis, president, Handyman Matters of Wichita.
• General Business/Retail — Beth Tully, Artisan Chocolates owner/master chocolatier,
self-employed — Cocoa Dolce.
• Financial/Legal Services — Dixie Larson, Kennedy and Coe, LLC, member and director of sales.
• Aviation/Manufacturing/Energy/Agriculture — Debbie Gann, vice president, corporate communications & administration, Spirit AeroSystems Inc.
One single award will be awarded to the overall 2012 Marketer of the Year. Nominees completed an application which was reviewed by a selection committee made up of American Marketing Association members from other chapters. The top nominee from each category will be invited to attend the Marketer of the Year Awards luncheon on June 21, where each will be honored and the 2012 Marketer of the Year will be named. The awards luncheon will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Newman University, Dugan-Gorges Conference Center.
Past winners of the Marketer of the Year award include:
• 2008 — Sonia Greteman, Greteman Group
• 2009 — Esther Headley, The Research Partnership and Wichita State University
• 2010 — Jesse Huxman, KPTS (Public TV) — Now with the Mennonite Foundation of Canada.
This year’s featured speaker at the Marketer of the Year luncheon will be Simon Salt, CEO of International IncSlingers and author of, Social Location Marketing. Simon is a Social Media Influencer and he writes the blog — The Incslinger (http://www.theincslingers.com). Ticket information for this year’s event will soon be published at www.wichitaama.org.
© Wichita Business Journal, 2012
Greteman Group has developed an international reputation as an aviation-specialty marketing agency based in Wichita, Kan. – the Air Capital. The world’s leading aircraft manufacturers, flight support and aftermarket services entrust their brands to Greteman Group. These include FlightSafety International, Bombardier Business Aircraft, Signature Flight Support, Dallas Airmotive, USAIG, National Aviation Consortium, Avinode, Wyvern Consulting, the Lindbergh Foundation and Spirit AeroSystems. It also supports favorite causes and clients such as the Kansas State Fair and Royal Caribbean Cruises. Greteman Group has won Telly, Metro Award and Business Marketing Association Pro-Comm Awards. It has been recognized in such publications as Adweek, Advertising Age, Aldus, Communication Arts, Designing Identity, Identity, Graphic Design USA, Graphis, Hotels, HOW, Novum, Print, Step-By-Step, and by such organizations as the Mead Top 60, Kansas City Art Directors, Strathmore, International Festivals, Graphex Art Directors, and The National Library Council, American Advertising Federation, American Institute of Graphic Artists, Public Relations Society of America, and American Marketing Association. The firm is a founding member of the Wichita Aero Club and agency President Sonia Greteman serves on its board.